Terms and Conditions
Agreement between User and uzhaul.com
Welcome to uzhaul.com. The uzhaul.com website (the “Site”) is comprised of various web pages operated by Uzhaul And Uzhaul Transportation LLC (“UzHaul”). uzhaul.com is offered to you conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein (the “Terms”). Your use of uzhaul.com constitutes your agreement to all such Terms. Please read these terms carefully, and keep a copy of them for your reference.
uzhaul.com is a motor vehicle transportation Site.
We transport motor vehicles with less than 7000 lbs nationwide within 48 states of the USA
Visiting uzhaul.com or sending emails to UzHaul constitutes electronic communications. You consent to receive electronic communications and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically, via email and on the Site, satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Children Under Thirteen
UzHaul does not knowingly collect, either online or offline, personal information from persons under the age of thirteen. If you are under 18, you may use uzhaul.com only with permission of a parent or guardian.
Links to Third Party Sites/Third Party Services
uzhaul.com may contain links to other websites (“Linked Sites”). The Linked Sites are not under the control of UzHaul and UzHaul is not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site, including without limitation any link contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Site. UzHaul is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by UzHaul of the site or any association with its operators.
Certain services made available via uzhaul.com are delivered by third party sites and organizations. By using any product, service or functionality originating from the uzhaul.com domain, you hereby acknowledge and consent that UzHaul may share such information and data with any third party with whom UzHaul has a contractual relationship to provide the requested product, service or functionality on behalf of uzhaul.com users and customers.
No Unlawful or Prohibited Use/Intellectual Property
All content included as part of the Service, such as text, graphics, logos, images, as well as the compilation thereof, and any software used on the Site, is the property of UzHaul or its suppliers and protected by copyright and other laws that protect intellectual property and proprietary rights. You agree to observe and abide by all copyright and other proprietary notices, legends or other restrictions contained in any such content and will not make any changes thereto.
You will not modify, publish, transmit, reverse engineer, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit any of the content, in whole or in part, found on the Site. UzHaul content is not for resale. Your use of the Site does not entitle you to make any unauthorized use of any protected content, and in particular you will not delete or alter any proprietary rights or attribution notices in any content. You will use protected content solely for your personal use, and will make no other use of the content without the express written permission of UzHaul and the copyright owner. You agree that you do not acquire any ownership rights in any protected content. We do not grant you any licenses, express or implied, to the intellectual property of UzHaul or our licensors except as expressly authorized by these Terms.
Third Party Accounts
You will be able to connect your UzHaul account to third party accounts. By connecting your UzHaul account to your third party account, you acknowledge and agree that you are consenting to the continuous release of information about you to others (in accordance with your privacy settings on those third party sites). If you do not want information about you to be shared in this manner, do not use this feature.
The Service is controlled, operated and administered by UzHaul from our offices within the USA. If you access the Service from a location outside the USA, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws. You agree that you will not use the UzHaul Content accessed through uzhaul.com in any country or in any manner prohibited by any applicable laws, restrictions or regulations.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless UzHaul, its officers, directors, employees, agents and third parties, for any losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) relating to or arising out of your use of or inability to use the Site or services, any user postings made by you, your violation of any terms of this Agreement or your violation of any rights of a third party, or your violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations. UzHaul reserves the right, at its own cost, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with UzHaul in asserting any available defenses.
In the event the parties are not able to resolve any dispute between them arising out of or concerning these Terms and Conditions, or any provisions hereof, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise at law or in equity for damages or any other relief, then such dispute shall be resolved only by final and binding arbitration pursuant to the Federal Arbitration Act, conducted by a single neutral arbitrator and administered by the American Arbitration Association, or a similar arbitration service selected by the parties, in a location mutually agreed upon by the parties. The arbitrator’s award shall be final, and judgment may be entered upon it in any court having jurisdiction. In the event that any legal or equitable action, proceeding or arbitration arises out of or concerns these Terms and Conditions, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover its costs and reasonable attorney’s fees. The parties agree to arbitrate all disputes and claims in regards to these Terms and Conditions or any disputes arising as a result of these Terms and Conditions, whether directly or indirectly, including Tort claims that are a result of these Terms and Conditions. The parties agree that the Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this provision. The entire dispute, including the scope and enforceability of this arbitration provision shall be determined by the Arbitrator. This arbitration provision shall survive the termination of these Terms and Conditions.
Class Action Waiver
Any arbitration under these Terms and Conditions will take place on an individual basis; class arbitrations and class/representative/collective actions are not permitted. THE PARTIES AGREE THAT A PARTY MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN EACH’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PUTATIVE CLASS, COLLECTIVE AND/ OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING, SUCH AS IN THE FORM OF A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION AGAINST THE OTHER. Further, unless both you and UzHaul agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED TO THE INFORMATION HEREIN. UZHAUL AND UZHAUL TRANSPORTATION LLC AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES IN THE SITE AT ANY TIME.
UZHAUL AND UZHAUL TRANSPORTATION LLC AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS, AND ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED ON THE SITE FOR ANY PURPOSE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ALL SUCH INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND. UZHAUL AND UZHAUL TRANSPORTATION LLC AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
UzHaul reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to the Site and the related services or any portion thereof at any time, without notice. To the maximum extent permitted by law, this agreement is governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and you hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts in Pennsylvania in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of the Site. Use of the Site is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these Terms, including, without limitation, this section.
You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and UzHaul as a result of this agreement or use of the Site. UzHaul’s performance of this agreement is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in this agreement is in derogation of UzHaul’s right to comply with governmental, court and law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of the Site or information provided to or gathered by UzHaul with respect to such use. If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.
Unless otherwise specified herein, this agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the user and UzHaul with respect to the Site and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between the user and UzHaul with respect to the Site. A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. It is the express wish to the parties that this agreement and all related documents be written in English.
Changes to Terms
UzHaul reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change the Terms under which uzhaul.com is offered. The most current version of the Terms will supersede all previous versions. UzHaul encourages you to periodically review the Terms to stay informed of our updates.
UzHaul welcomes your questions or comments regarding the Terms:
Uzhaul And Uzhaul Transportation LLC
126 Nandina st Unit B
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19116
Effective as of October 06, 2022
THIS BROKER/CLIENT CONTRACT (the “Contract”) is made between the client signing this Contract (the “Client”) and UzHaul LLC – MC#1445831 (“The Auto Transport Broker”). The Client and The Auto Transport Broker agree as follows:
- The client warrants that the client is the registered legal owner of the vehicle being transported (the “Vehicle”) or that Client has been duly authorized by the legal owners to enter into this Contract for transportation of the Vehicle.
- In the event that Client cancels this Contract for any reason whatsoever, Client shall pay The Auto Transport Broker a minimum cancellation charge of $150.00 in addition to any other amounts due under this Contract. A “dry run” fee may be assessed in the event Client is unavailable or unwilling to provide the Vehicle for transportation as of the first date of availability as designated on the shipping form.
- Client, upon tender of the Vehicle to The Auto Transport Broker or its transportation agent, and the consignee, upon acceptance of delivery by Client or its agent, shall be jointly liable for any and all unpaid charges payable on account of the shipment, including but not limited to, sums advanced or disbursed by The Auto Transport Broker or any of its agents on account of such shipment and any and all costs of collection including costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees.
- The client shall not leave personal belongings in the Vehicle except those attached to any part of the vehicle. The Auto Transport Broker shall not be responsible for loss of or damage to personal belongings, including without limitation any personal property which is not factory installed, and that is not a part of the vehicle.
- Unless the order has been prepaid, or other arrangements have been made, the Client shall pay all COD amounts, including any additional charges, in cash or certified funds. In the event that said forms of payments are not available at delivery, the Client shall be responsible for any and all storage fees assessed. In order to make pick up/delivery, the Client agrees to meet The Auto Transport Broker at a specified time and place if necessary.
- The client shall pay all costs, including without limitation storage, towing, and additional delivery costs, incurred as a result of the Client’s breach of any warranty or obligation under this Contract. Signing The Auto Transport Broker’s bill of lading or 1 its transportation agent’s bill of lading at the destination without notation of damage shall be evidence of satisfactory delivery of the Vehicle.
- The Auto Transport Broker’s responsibility for the Vehicle commences when the bill of lading is issued and signed by the driver and terminates when the Vehicle is signed for at the destination.
- The Auto Transport Broker or any of its agents shall not be liable for damages, including without limitation any of the following, not caused by their negligence: a. Damage caused by fluids, acids, cooling system antifreeze, industrial fallout, or damage caused by acts of God. b. Damage that is undetectable due to Vehicle’s condition or glass damage caused by normal wear and road use. c. Mechanical malfunctions, exhaust assembly, frame, alignment, tire damage, soft top convertibles, suspension, tuning of the engine, or damage that is a result of tie downs tearing or breaking. d. Damage resulting from the Vehicle being overloaded. e. Damage to the Vehicle because it cannot be driven on or off the transporter under its own power nor has defective or insufficient brakes, parking brakes, or parking gear.
- The liability of The Auto Transport Broker or any of its agents for negligence causing damage to the Vehicle shall be limited to the amount paid by the Client for the transportation of the Vehicle.
- The Client shall be responsible for preparing the vehicle for shipment. All loose parts, fragile or protruding accessories, low-hanging spoilers, antennas, etc., must be removed and/or properly secured. Any part of the Vehicle that falls off during transport is the Client’s responsibility, including damages caused to any other vehicles involved. Security systems should be disarmed and any keys or transmitters for the said device must be provided to the transporter.
- The Client agrees to indemnify, defend and hold The Auto Transport Broker and its agents harmless for any costs, expenses, damage, losses, and claims caused by the Client’s breach of any warranty or obligation under this Contract. 2
- The Auto Transport Broker warrants and the Client acknowledges that The Auto Transport Broker is licensed by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
- The Auto Transport Broker and its transportation agent transporting the Vehicle are hereby authorized to operate and transport the Vehicle from the point of origin to the destination specified in The Auto Transport Broker’s bill of lading. The Auto Transport Broker is authorized to drive the Vehicle either at the point of origin or the point of destination between the points of loading/unloading and the points of pickup/delivery, and the Client shall provide insurance for the same.
- In the event that there are any unforeseen delays regarding delivery, federal regulations require that all outstanding freight charges be paid without deductions. The Client agrees to properly note any damage claimed at the time of the delivery of the Vehicle, and to pay the balance of the delivery charges in cash or certified funds. Damages not noted on the transportation agent’s bill of lading will not be honored (no exceptions). Any claim of damage caused by The Auto Transport Broker must be made within 15 days of delivery in writing, specifying the damage claimed. The transportation agent actually transporting the Vehicle shall be liable for any and all damage claims arising from the transport. The Client agrees to file all claims with such transportation agent as identified on the transportation agent’s bill of lading/delivery receipt and to bring any legal action for damages against such transportation agent only. The Client agrees to release and hold harmless The Auto Transport Broker from any such claims.
- After the Client makes the Vehicle available to The Auto Transport Broker for transport, The Auto Transport Broker shall use its best efforts to deliver the Vehicle in an expedient manner. However, The Auto Transport Broker does not guarantee the date or time of delivery.
- The Client shall pay an additional $450 if the Vehicle is or becomes inoperable during transport and an additional amount if the Vehicle is oversized or overweight unless the Vehicle is disclosed as being inoperable, oversized, or overweight, respectively. All inoperable vehicles must steer, brake and roll.
- While The Auto Transport Broker and its agents are driving the Vehicle for purposes of parking, storage and other purposes incidental to the performance of the obligations under this Contract, The Auto Transport Broker shall have the full benefit of any insurance that has been affected by Client on the Vehicle, unless said insurance coverage is void while the vehicle or property is in the possession of The Auto Transport Broker and its agents. 3
- The Client shall, in its absence, designate someone to act as the Client’s agent at the points of pick up and/or delivery.
- While every effort will be made to confirm a driver for the estimated date above, no guarantee of pickup or delivery date can be made. Delays may occur due to carrier schedules, mechanical failure, inclement weather, or acts of God, among other unforeseen circumstances. The Auto Transport Broker UzHaul LLC will not be responsible for any charges or liabilities incurred due to delay in pickup or delivery. This includes but is not limited to airline tickets or rental car fees. The client will be given the carrier’s schedule at the time of dispatch. The only exception to this is our Rental Car Reimbursement, which includes a free rental car if it takes longer than 14 days from pickup to delivery.
- Rental car reimbursement will be up to $35 per day for up to 15 days (rental car reimbursement is only valid within the continental 48 states, AK and HI shipments not included). To get paid for the rental car submit the BOL that was signed at pickup by the Client and the BOL that was signed by the Client at delivery and a copy of the client’s rental car receipt and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and The Auto Transport Broker will mail your check within 5 days of receipt.
- All clients are to receive a FREE car wash, interior included. Up to $20 per vehicle will be paid for the car wash. Simply have your car washed and take a picture of the receipt and email it to email@example.com and The Auto Transport Broker will mail your check within 5 days.
- Carriers are not licensed or insured to transport any personal or household goods. However, the Auto Transport Broker does understand that you may need to put some items in the vehicle. These items must be put in the trunk and kept to a limit of 100 lbs. Any exceptions must be previously discussed and approved by The Auto Transport Broker. An additional fee may be assessed for personal items of any weight. The Auto Transport Broker or its agents don’t authorize or take any responsibility for any personal or household goods inside the client’s car. Any misrepresentation of the personal belongings will result in a change of price and/or a dry run fee of $150 if the carrier is made to attend the scene of the pick-up and the shipment is different from expected.
- Contracted carriers provide door-to-door transport as long as the truck driver can physically reach the pick-up and delivery addresses. If access to the pickup or delivery location is restricted by narrow streets, low-hanging trees, or tight turns, the driver may ask that the client meet the truck at a large parking lot nearby, such as a grocery store.
- In order to provide the client with the best possible service, The Auto Transport Broker offers “Gap Insurance”. If there is damage to your vehicle during transportation and the carrier’s insurance does not cover it, The Auto Transport Broker will help pay the deductible of the client’s personal insurance. The client will have to file a claim with the client’s insurance company and if the claim has to be accepted by the client’s insurance company then The Auto Transport Broker will pay up to $400 towards the deductible. If your deductible is $200, we will pay $200, if your deductible is $700, we will pay $400 of that. The Client agrees that this Gap Insurance does not make The Auto Transport Broker Uzhaul LLC liable for damages incurred before, during, or after transport as stated in section 8. In order for you to request reimbursement for out-of-pocket deductible expenses, the client must first file a claim with the carrier if the carrier’s insurance company is denied, and provide us with documented proof of such. You must also provide proof that a claim was made and accepted with the client’s own insurance company, that the repair work was performed, and provide us with the total deductible amount that was paid by the client out-of-pocket.
- This Contract constitutes the entire agreement between the parties hereto with respect to the subject matter hereof. It supersedes all prior negotiations, letters, and understandings relating to the subject matter hereof.
- This Contract may not be amended, supplemented, or modified in whole or in part except by an instrument in writing signed by the party or parties against whom enforcement of any such amendment, supplement, or modification is sought.
- This Contract will be construed in accordance with the laws of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, without application of its choice-of-law principles.
- If legal action is instituted to enforce the terms and conditions of this Contract, exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any such action will be in the state and federal courts of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The parties hereto hereby irrevocably waive, to the fullest extent permitted by law, (a) any objection to jurisdiction or venue of any action arising out of or relating to this Contract brought in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, or any judgment entered by any court in respect thereof, or (b) any claim that any action brought in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, has been brought in an inconvenient forum.
- No person, other than The Auto Transport Broker’s transportation agency and other agents, shall be deemed to possess any third-party beneficiary right pursuant to this Contract. It is the intent of the parties hereto that no direct benefit to any third party, other than The Auto Transport Broker’s transportation agency and other agents, is intended or implied by the execution of this Contract. The Auto Transport Broker’s transportation agency and other agents are express third-party beneficiaries of the terms of this Contract.